Chris Schoen's most recent release. Recorded by David Costanza at Studio B in Questa, NM.
Delicate, lazy yet earnest indie folk ballads. Very low energy with
poetic, reference-filled lyrics that make you constantly feel like
you're missing something, all sung in a Denison Witmer voice. Not much variety - this album is really about the lyrics. Watch the long, random sound intros that break to silence before several of the songs begin.
1. 3:41 48-sec intro. Softly pleading sound and lyrics.
**2. 3:21 Very catchy waltz with a nice melodic hook.
3. 4:04 Great lyrics and pretty, descending melody.
*4. 2:58 Mid-energy. Rough voiced, guitar & harmonica, rootsy sound
5. 1:29 Nearly whispered, picked guitar and doubled vox
*6. 4:05 40-sec intro. Folksy lay, very pleasant sound to drift off to with perfect, subtle clean guitar waving in and out.
7. 2:23 (FCC) Ambling, shuffling tune with brushed perc.
*8. 3:07 35-sec intro. Clean elec. guitar and piano; very well crafted sound.
9. 3:36 37-sec intro. Soft piano, guitar and voice. Very pretty and poetic.
10. 3:10 35-sec intro. Guitar/voice waltz. Slightly higher energy.
11. 2:44 Distant piano and understated guitars. Bits of empty space.
12. 3:53 Pretty, hollow acoustic guitar instrumental. Stagnant by end.
13. 2:33 Tinny guitar with lo-fi tape-distorted vox low in the mix.